Are you looking for a guide on how to share more than 1GB data on MTN? This article is for you.
MTN is one of the leading telecommunications companies, has made it easy to share more than 1GB of data with their data sharing service. In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps to share your data generously.
Before then, let’s talk about how data share service on MTN works and if it’s possible to transfer more than 1GB data.
About MTN Data Transfer service
This is service by MTN that allows subscribers to share or gift part of their data bundle allocation to another MTN number. with this service, you can transfer more than 1GB data to your loved one.
You can even transfer more than 3GB data if you are subscribed to SME bundle.
Apart from the MTN SME bundle which is designed specifically for business, you can transfer maximum of 3GB data daily on the personal data plans.
We have explained how transfer data on MTN using various methods extensively on a separate post. You can learn about it here.
But transferring above 1GB data, is only covered in this article
Requirements to share more than 1GB data on MTN
Before you can start sharing your data up to 1GB or more, you need to have enough standard data bundle balance. Dial *323*4# to confirm.
Like before, you no longer need to create a Transfer PIN and there is no special condition to make you meet up with sharing more than 1GB of data. MTN upgraded the platform to accommodate that.
share data of 1GB plus on MTN
- To transfer and share more than 1GB on MTN, dial *312*8# to open the data share menu
- On the menu, Choose the option of “Transfer from Data Balance”.
- After selecting transfer from data balance, Enter Recipient’s Phone Number.
- Next, select “option 6” for 2GB or “optional 7” for 3GB.
- After selecting more than 1GB option [2GB or 3GB], Confirm your selection.
- Success. You have share more than 1GB data to the recipient.
You will receive an SMS containing the details of of the transaction. Your recipient will also receive an SMS informing him that you sent data.
What is the MTN data transfer code?
The code is *312*8#. Alternatively you can dial *312*7#.
What is the MTN data transfer limit?
The transfer limit of MTN data is 3GB. That is, for non SME bundle.
Can I transfer 5GB data on MTN?
Yes. But only if you are subscribed to the MTN SME bundle. Dial *346# to learn more and share.
- How To Transfer Data on Airtel: Complete Guide on Data Share
- How to Transfer Data on MTN: [3 Methods Listed]