Opay is one of the most popular financial service company with a trustworthy reputation. Sometimes you may have funds in your wallet and need to turn them into cash; that’s one major option that will require you to transfer your Opay money to a bank account.
Although Opay also has its own ATM card service that can be used to withdraw money from any point of sale (POS) or ATM machine, this method is still not widely known by many Opay users in Nigeria. Yet still, not many know how to transfer money to a bank account from Opay.
In this article, you will learn how to transfer money from Opay to a bank account easily. We have explained all the possible ways you can do this as long as you have an active Opay account with a funded wallet; otherwise, learn how to open one here. An active opay account is a type that is verified and in good standing.
Transferring your Opay money to a bank account can help you feel at rest sometimes because your money is not just online but also in the bank. This may seem funny, but it’s a common mentality among many people who lack full awareness of how the banking system operates.
Notwithstanding, the following are the methods to transfer money from Opay to a bank account:
- Transfer from Opay app
- using the Opay USSD transfer code
These methods can be used to send money from Opay to any bank account ( be it GTBANK, Access, First Bank, UBA, etc.)
How to transfer from Opay to a bank account using the App.
- open the Opay app
- click on transfer
- select “to other bank accounts” option
- enter the recipient account number
- choose bank name
- click next and input the amount
- Authorize payment
How to transfer from Opay to bank account using the USSD transfer code
This method is the easiest, as you can make transfers using a non-smartphone device.
You can send money from your Opay wallet to any bank account by dialing *955*2*Amount*Recipient’s Account Number# and input your PIN to authorize the transaction.
To transfer money from Opay to bank account using the Opay transfer code, follow these steps:
- Dial the Opay USSD code *955#
- Select the option for “Transfer”
- Select “2” for transfer to other bank accounts
- Choose the bank you want to transfer money to
- Enter the recipient’s account/phone number
- Enter the amount you want to transfer
- Enter your Opay PIN to authorize the transfer.
Once you have made a transfer, you will receive an SMS with the debit details and the recipients will also receive a credit alert.
- Can I transfer from Opay to bank account? Yes, using the Opay transfer code or app.
- What is the Opay transfer code? The transfer code to send money to Opay is *955*1*amount*10 digit account number# and *955*2*amount*10 digit account number# to transfer money to bank accounts
More about Opay
- List of Opay Customer Care Numbers: Get in Touch, & Report Issues
- 2 Ways to Open Opay Account: (Complete Guide + Sign-Up Bonus)
- Steps to Delete an Opay Account [UPDATED]