If you are a heavy internet user, you might have been using a Mifi device, but then, do you know about its data plan?
This article will let you know about the MTN Mifi data plans, their subscription cost, code, how to activate the plans, the price of the Mifi device, and more.
Also, if you are new to the device, this article will be useful to you in the sense of knowing what a Mifi device is and why you should get one for your personal use or business.
What is MTN MiFi and its Price?
MTN MIFI is a wireless broadband 4G portable device used to provide internet access via WLAN technology WIFI enabled devices at a high internet speed. The device provides a fast internet browsing, and download speed of up to 150Mbps to connected devices.
The MTN Mifi allows up to 10 Wi-Fi connections simultaneously. This means that a total of 10 smartphones, [Android or iOS iPhones] tablets or Laptops can be connected to a single Mi-Fi device.
The price of an MTN MiFi device in Nigeria is currently N7500 for direct purchase from an MTN store or shop. However, the price may vary over time or when purchased from other authorized stores.
Once you have an activated MTN MIFI device, you will need a Mifi data bundle to keep enjoying Internet access.
MTN MiFi Data Plans
The MTN Mi-Fi data plans are the bundles you can use on your Mifi device to provide wireless internet access. These data bundles are broadband type and are of two phases: unlimited monthly and capped broadband monthly.
The MTN MiFI data plans bundle that is capped includes the following:
- 6GB/N2,000 Monthly: This plan gives 6GB data for 2000 Naira Valid for 30 Days
- 12GB/N4,000 Monthly: This plan gives 12GB volume of data for 4000 Naira valid for 30 days
- 30GB/N8,000 Monthly: This Mifi plan gives 30GB data for 8000 Naira + 5GB YouTube for Home or 500 Bulk SMS & 1GB for Video Conference for Office. Valid for 30 days
- 45GB/N11,000 Monthly: This plan gives 45GB volume of data for 11000 Naira + 5GB YouTube for Home or 500 Bulk SMS & 1GB for Video Conference for Office. Valid for 30 days
- 75GB/N15,000 Monthly: This Mifi MTN plan gives 75GB data for a price of 15000 Naira + 5GB YouTube for Home, 500 Bulk SMS, and 1GB for Video Conference for Office. All valid for 30 days
MTN MIFI bundles that are unlimited type are the same as the WiFi unlimited data plan or Broadband Router plan and it includes the following options:
- Silver – 150GB/N20,000 Unlimited FUP Monthly: This plan gives 150GB unlimited Mifi data for 20000 Naira Silver + a Fair usage policy of daily 5GB data upon exhausting the main bundle, and 500 Bulk SMS for Office. The plan is valid for 30 days.
- Ruby – 300GB/N30,000 Unlimited FUP Monthly: This plan gives 300GB volume of data for 30000 Naira + 5GB daily fair usage policy upon exhausting the main bundle + 500 Bulk SMS for Office. Valid for 30 days.
- Diamond – 550GB/N60,000 FUP Unlimited Monthly: This plan gets you 550GB of data for 60000 Naira + 10GB daily upon exhausting the main bundle + 500 Bulk SMS for Office. Valid for 30 days.
Note that the MTN WIFI unlimited data plan is the same as MIFI (a WiFi portable device) data bundle and Router broadband bundles
Steps to Activate MTN Data Plan
The easiest way to buy a MIFI bundle on MTN is via code.
- To subscribe to MTN MIFI data plan, dial *312*500*3# and send.
- From the Menu that appears, choose option 5 ‘MIFI Bundles’
- Follow the prompt to activate of the capped monthly MIFI data plan.
- Alternatively, dial select option 6 ” Router broadband plan” for your MIFI device.
Note that The Mifi bundle can only be activated via the link phone number to your Mifi device.
Other ways to activate MTN MIFI Bundle
Apart from the use of USSD code, you can subscribe to a MIFI data plan via these channels:
- myMTN NG App
- myMTN web or your MiFi Portal https://mymtn.com.ng/login
MTN MIFI FREE 30GB Data Offer
The 30GB free data on MTN mifi is a promotion attached to the purchase of a new portable mifi device from MTN and activating it with a newly registered SIM.
MTN will reward you with 30GB free data when you buy a MIFI device and insert a registered new sim and power the device on.
To get the 30GB free data, send ‘Activate’ to 312 via SMS.
What is the code for to subscribe to MTN MIFI data plan?
MTN MIFI data plan code is *312*500*3#.
How to check mtn mifi data balance?
To check data balance on MTN MIFI, dial *323*4# and send.
How much is MTN MIFI?
The price of MTN mifi is N7500 from the MTN shop in Nigeria.
What is the difference between mifi and wifi?
MIFI is the name of the portable device that uses a cellular network to provide an internet connection to WIFI-enabled devices such as Android smartphones. While WiFi is a wireless local-area network (WLAN) technology that MIFI uses.